– The Farmer’s Market is delicious, but don’t get an avocado protein shake followed by a can of chili, and then decide to alter your mind. That combination leads to some time on the porta-potty, where it’s blazing hot and there’s no toilet paper, plus you’re freaking out Trainspotting style.
– Don’t go back to your campsite for a “power nap“, you’ll end up missing your favorite bands. It’s better to sleep in the grass inside the festival, (preferably on the Sidewalks End, between the Main stage and the Outdoor stage).
– Put sunscreen on everywhere, including the backs of your knees. I don’t know what happened, but mine got fried.
– Don’t hand over the stuff you really care about to your friend, they’ll lose it.
– Don’t shit in the shower. I would think this is a given, but they told every girl not to do this when you go to take a shower. They don’t tell the guys that. What? Who does that?
– Don’t expect to see and do everything. Pick your top 3 favorite bands to see and view everything else as an extra.
– Don’t take any important stuff into the porta-potty with you. I found a girl in tears because she dropped her wallet, keys and cell phone into the toilet.
– Bring cash. Don’t expect to trade, barter or use anything else to survive the weekend. Two kids came to Coachella with their wristbands and stuff that they planned on selling- when the stuff was confiscated by officials, they were screwed. We found ’em sleeping in our campsite. Who knows how they got home.
– Don’t try to bring any liquids inside. I had to help a girl pound a Vodka/Emergen-C before going in (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing)
– Don’t go anywhere without your wristband. I saw one guy get caught without one and the officials treated him like an escaped prisoner.
But overall, everyone is so nice and they’re willing to help you out when you get in a bind. It’s still good to be prepared.